Amazon App Store – Amazon is a world of its own, not only does it have varieties of items on sale, but you can also watch videos and download digital music on the platform.
Now, Amazon also has its own Appstore where users can download varieties of apps with ease. You can instantly get a variety of games and mobile apps easily with Amazon Appstore.
- Amazon App store is just like the Google play store and with almost similar games and apps on both platforms.
- You can shop the Amazon Appstore from Fire TV, Fire Tablet, PC or Mac, compatible android and blackberry devices, and Amazon Appstore App.
- You can download this device for your android devices. However, you cannot have this app on your iPhone devices.
- Amazon Appstore is available for U.S users and for over 200 more countries and territories.
- When installing and downloading apps on your Android device, you may need to enable the UNKNOWN SOURCES setting to enable download and installation of apps.
- Amazon App store is compatible with android devices that run Android version 4.1 or greater.
- You may get a notification when installing the Amazon app on the Android device that the app has access to SMS messaging and that it may cost you money. However, Amazon messaging is available in specific regions and is not required if you already have an Amazon account.
Free Apps on Amazon Appstore
When you access the Amazon Appstore, you can check out free apps on AMAZON APPS for ANDROIDS option.
Apps on Amazon are either purchased or earned with Amazon coins which you can get by completing in-app tasks.
You can get to see free apps for Android on the Amazon website and check out their ratings before downloading them. Now, if you are looking for free apps on Amazon, here’s a list we have compiled.
- Amazon shopping for Fire TV
- Amazon App store
- Also, Amazon music
- Amazon prime videos
- Amazon photos
- Then, Amazon Goodreads
- Amazon web browser
- Amazon underground
- Then, Amazon Drive
- Amazon Comics
- Amazon Kindle for Android
- IMDb movies and TV.
These apps can be downloaded for free on Amazon.
How to Purchase and Install Amazon Apps
Amazon apps are paid for in US dollars or through the use of international credit cards. However, you can purchase apps for free if you are in a supported country, and there are free apps on Amazon Appstore for Android devices. Amazon Appstore contents are available in the U.S and over 200 countries and territories in the world.
To purchase and install apps:
- Go to Amazon Appstore on any compatible device of your choice
- Then browse or search for apps, when you find an app you want to purchase open the detail page of the app.
- Select BUY NOW, GET NOW or DOWNLOAD when you open the detail page of the app.
- If you wish to view the apps you have purchased on Amazon Appstore, just launch Amazon Appstore on any compatible device.
- Then tap MY APPS, your apps appear on the LATEST, A-Z Not installed tabs.
How to Handle App Purchase Problems on Amazon App Store
- When you cannot find your apps listed on the Appstore, you can swipe down the page to check new items.
- When you do not receive an order confirmation email for app purchase, you need to check your order history and update your payment method if necessary.
- You may not be able to install some apps because their main size is four times their listed size.
- When you see such error, you need to clear some space on your device to enable apps to install successfully.
- To access certain downloaded content, you will need to connect to the internet periodically.
How to Create Amazon Account for Amazon App Store
When you have an Amazon account it becomes rather easy for you to access different aspects of the platform, creating amazon account is free and easy.
To create an account, follow these steps:
- Go to Amazon website, then click on YOUR ACCOUNT at the right corner of the page. Click on the option, then select START HERE from the drop-down menu that appears. From the Start Here option, you can then choose to SIGN UP to start the process of creating an account.
- When you click on the Sign Up option, you will be redirected to a page where you will be asked to enter personal info. Then you need to add your email address and your name to start your registration. Also, add your number, create a password before clicking CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
- When you click to create your account, you will be redirected to Amazon welcome page, and you officially have an Amazon account.
- To personalize your account, you will need to edit your payment options. To do this, click on YOUR ACCOUNT at the top right corner of the page. Select ADD A CREDIT CARD under the PAYMENTS METHOD. Then you can choose whichever credit card you want to link to your Amazon account. To confirm that your credit card has been added to your account, you can go to MANAGE YOUR PAYMENTS METHODS option.
- You need to also add your shipping address details through YOUR ACCOUNTS option. Go to ACCOUNT SETTINGS option, click on ADD NEW ADDRESS. Once you do so, you can enter your password, add your shipping details before clicking SAVE AND CONTINUE.
- You can also add set up your profile by adding important details like your location, website, name, birthday, and other info. Once you are done check the I HAVE READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS box, then CONTINUE. You will need to add other additional personal info before you click FINISH.
Amazon Appstore has varieties of games and mobile apps available for you to download; its Appstore is similar to Google playstore with lots of exciting apps and games to download.
There are free apps for download on the platform, while you get to download others using amazon coins, US dollars, or international credit cards.
Amazon Appstore contents are available for U.S users and users in over 200 countries and territories, and you can find out if yours is amongst them.