With the wave of social media sweeping through the globe, the need to look our best in pictures has been on the increase. These days, with a mobile device, anyone can be a photographer and with the help of free image editor apps, you can bid farewell to dull and flawed photos.
With the plethora of free image editor apps available in the various mobile platforms, it may be a challenge to decide which one will give your pictures that extra edge that you desire. That’s why in this article, tecrada.com has compiled a list of some of the top rated photo editing apps.
Free Image Editor Apps for Mobile Devices
- Cymera app (available for iOS and Android): This free image editor app which has often been described as the “All in One Photo Editor” boasts of several easy to use features. The app provides a real-time filter camera, strong editing tools, and several beautifying filters. In addition to allowing you adjust the lighting, contrast, and saturation of your picture it also allows you to retouch your skin, get rid of wrinkles, create collages and just gives you a great overall photo.
- Google Snapseed (available on Android): The sheer knowledge of the things this app can do will leave you in awe. Aside from the regular cropping and increase brightness tools, this app also allows you to resize pictures, increase/decrease depth of field (depending on your preference), and even subtly change the direction which your picture is facing. While this might seem like a lot to master at once, fret not, Google Snapseed has made tutorial videos available. Once you get the hang of it, you will never take a bad photo again.
- Adobe Photoshop Express (available for iOS, Android and Windows Phone): This app is one of the more advanced of the bunch. It has many built-in filters and editing tools. The app allows you to crop, resize, color, rotate, flip and add frames to your photos. It also has several add-on packages like the Adobe Looks pack and the Adobe Advanced pack. These features will allow you to morph multiple photos into a single image. If you’re an aspiring professional photographer, Adobe Photoshop Express is a really good place to start.
More Free Picture Editor Apps
- Camera 360 (available on iOS, Android, and Windows): Camera 360 has a very large number of users especially in Asia. With overbuilt in 200 filters, the app has been endorsed by several celebrities. With its stickers and other effects, camera 360 allows you give your picture a fun and playful vibe.
- Facetune (available on iOS, Android, and Windows): As the name implies, this app focuses on fixing flaws on portraits and selfies. Facetune allows you brighten some key features of your image. Like; your teeth, remove pimples and blemishes, widen your smile, change hair color, refine your jawline and in fact make your selfies be a force to reckon with on social media.
While there are hundreds of other photo editing apps out there, the aforementioned are the best players in the game. So when next you’re wondering why you’re not photogenic, remember it’s simply because you haven’t tried any of these apps.