Facebook Security Settings – Individual’s security, whether online or offline, is a delicate affair; this is why Facebook has done its best to put users’ security into their hands.
Facebook Security settings enable you to have maximum control over Facebook and control the level of your personal info other users have.
If you have been a bit confused about how to go about ensuring the security of your Facebook account, you no longer have to bother so much about it because we are right here to give you insights on your Facebook security settings.
How to Set Up Facebook Privacy Settings
Online insecurities have become a rather predominant issue, which is why Facebook has taken serious measures to keep users private info safe.
Users have important roles to play in keeping their private information safe; this is why Facebook security settings are available for them to set it whatever way they like.
You can determine who sees your post, who can access your profile, and more.
To set up privacy settings on Facebook, follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Go to your Facebook settings on the menu bar
- Then click on PRIVACY SETTINGS on the menu page
- Then select an option on who sees your information and posts. You can either choose Public, Friends, Custom, and other options; you decide to make. But it also determines the level of people that have access to your info on Facebook.
- Click SAVE CHANGES to conclude the process, and your settings will be changed.
Facebook Security Settings Tips
Keeping your info secured on Facebook is quite important while setting up your Facebook profile you might have entered sensitive info that may be used against you.
In fact, most times, your Facebook profile is an integral part of your life and might have important info that can be used against you.
However, some individuals’ lives have been threatened physically because of the kind of info they posted on their Facebook profile, and some others have faced other threats.
This is why it is important to pay heed to these security tips we are about to give.
- Create a strong password for your Facebook account to avoid it being hacked with ease. You can change your password every three months to reduce the susceptibility of your account to hack.
- Choose the friends you wish to share your posts with. Sharing with Public may not be such an excellent choice because this means that anyone and everyone can see it. It’s best you share it for specific friends to see.
- When tagging friends, make sure you are tagging the right ones, not just any Facebook friend. When you tag friends, this means, your post will also be available to their own friends. So you have to choose wisely when choosing who to tag.
- You can also make your profile visible to specific friends so that not everyone who comes across your Facebook account can access your personal info.
- Then, you can limit the level of personal info you give out on Facebook, either on your posts or profile.
- Take good advantage of Facebook privacy settings and make sure you set them to your liking. Your privacy setting is right there for you to set; however, you want whenever you like.
- Finally, you can block people, posts, or whatever that seems threatening or offensive to you on Facebook. You also have the option to report them to Facebook and protect your account.
In summary, with GDPR monitoring the level of protection users personal info get online, Facebook is taking appropriate steps to ensure that users have
This is why the privacy setting is an important aspect of your Facebook account, and you can control how much of your personal info is accessible to other users on Facebook.
Finally, these security tips we have given are also quite important if you wish to keep your personal info safe on Facebook.