Facebook Marketplace Rules – Facebook marketplace is a place people visit to browse through listings and discover items for sale in their location. Also, as a business or brand owner, you can take advantage of this to reach your target audience where they are already.
Since the marketplace feature was rolled out, a lot of businesses and individual sellers have used the platform to make it big time.
Facebook has a broad user base, therefore taking advantage of this platform can help you expand your business and reach your target audience.
The marketplace is free and very convenient to use since it can be found easily on the Facebook app or through the website.
What Are The Facebook Marketplace Rules?
Despite being convenient and pretty easy & free to sell on the Facebook marketplace, there are still a set of rules users need to abide by to enjoy the feature fully.
So, if you intend to sell on the marketplace, you need to have these rules at the back of your mind, and they include:
- First, not all items can be sold on Facebook marketplace; some items are prohibited on the platform. And you can check Facebook commerce policies to get to know more about it.
- The following items cannot be sold on Facebook marketplace according to Facebook marketplace rules: Alcohol, Animals, Adult products & services, digital media, and electronic devices, Tickets, health care (like thermometer, first aid kit e.t.c), unsafe supplements, illegal, prescription or recreational drugs, tobacco products or tobacco paraphernalia and weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
- If you are selling any of the items listed above, then the Facebook marketplace is not for you.
- Only physical products can be sold in the marketplace. Things like jokes or news, “in search of” posts or “lost but found posts,” cannot be sold on the FB marketplace. So you can sell clothes, pieces of jewelry, cars, real estate, and anything physical. Things like housekeeping and ticket are even hard to sell; you can only sell them with Facebook’s written permission.
- Furthermore, the description of the items must match the image of the items you are listing.
- Before-and-After pictures are also prohibited, like pictures showing that maybe a weight loss product worked. Facebook don’t allow it.
- You have the option to report items that violate the Facebook commerce policies or Facebook’s Community Standard.
Safety Tips for Facebook Marketplace
Facebook tries its best to make the marketplace a secure place for buying and selling; however, it is not totally free from cyber attacks, so you have a part to play to keep yourself safe on the platform.
Pay close attention to these tips:
- Keep your personal information away from the Fb marketplace; your address or credit card details should not be given out to anyone you meet on marketplace.
- Verify the authenticity of the buyer or seller before you decide to meet. If you find something suspicious about the buyer or seller, you can alert the police, especially if you are conducting the trading process in your home. However, it is advisable to meet strangers and do business in a public place.
- Finally, follow Facebook rules and report items that violate Facebook commerce policies and Facebook’s Community Standards.