Facebook Selling Sites – Facebook is now considered one of the most popular and largest selling sites in the world. Facebook has various channels through which its users can advertise and sell their products to other users on the platform.
These channels on Facebook are easy and free to use on your Facebook, and you can take advantage of the wide customer base Facebook has to promote your business and reach your target audience with ease.
Facebook marketplace functions as an online marketing platform on Facebook, where sellers can post listings of the items they are selling for free to buyers in their local area to discover and purchase.
Just like other selling sites like craigslist, Amazon, Shopify and others you can market your products for internet users to see and buy, however, placing listings of items on the marketplace is free, unlike other e-marketing platforms.
Facebook marketplace is not the only channel on Facebook for buying and selling, Facebook store, and Facebook buy and sell groups are also other channels available on Facebook.
You can choose to sell in either of these channels or all of these channels on Facebook, it is quite easy, and we will show you how to go about selling through these Facebook channels.
How to Sell on Facebook Selling Sites
Facebook buy and sell group is an awesome channel for selling varieties of items on Facebook to your target audience.
There are lots of Facebook Selling Sites, and you can choose one that best suits your type of business and location.
To sell or buy on sell groups, follow these steps:
- Click on the publisher under the group cover photo
- Sell something box opens when you click on it
- Explain the items you are selling on the WHAT ARE YOU SELLING option, make it concise and catchy since you are limited to just 100 characters.
- Enter the price of what you are selling,
- Add location, describe the items you are selling, add important attributes of the items, and add clear photos as prompted by Facebook.
- Then post listings to the buy and sell group, marketplace and other buy and sell groups, the option is available on the menu bar. You can choose to deselect marketplace option on the SELL SOMETHING menu bar.
- When you are done with these steps, click the BLUE POST button to post your listings. You will be notified of any comments or messages from interested buyers on the listing you posted.
How to Sell on Facebook Marketplace
The marketplace is an awesome platform on a Facebook app that makes it convenient for users to sell varieties of items to buyers in their local area.
It functions like Craigslist, Amazon, and other e-marketing platforms; it is a medium for sellers to reach their target audience and start gaining from their business.
The marketplace is free and easy to use, and if you wish to sell on marketplace, follow these easy steps:
- Click the MARKETPLACE ICON on the Facebook app.
- Click on SELL from the four options on your marketplace page
- Select good quality photos of the items you wish to sell from your camera roll.
- Correctly label your products for easy understanding on the ‘WHAT ARE YOU SELLING’ page, enter a title, and explain briefly the item you are selling using the 100 characters provided by Facebook, then click NEXT.
- Describe the items you are selling; by adding important details like size, color, model, and all the necessary info customers need to know about the item.
- Set the price for each product.
- Then, enter your Zip code to identify your general location.
- Select the category your products fall into on marketplace list of categories.
- After you’re done with these steps, the listings of your items will be visible for buyers to view on the marketplace.
- YOUR ITEMS option gives you access to the management area of marketplace listings. You get messages from customers here, and you can reply to them too.
How to Sell on Facebook Store
If you have a business page on Facebook, then you can follow these steps to sell your business products through your Facebook store.
- First, go to your Facebook business page to enable you to access the admin panel.
- Access the shop icon, which is accessible to the owner or admin by default.
- The shop icon is at the left side; if you don’t see it, you will need to activate the templates to enable you see it.
- To activate it, go to SETTINGS, then TEMPLATES and TABS, find the current Template area and click on the edit button.
- Then when you get the shop tab on your store, proceed to read the info that shows on the popup screen, after which you click the ‘GET STARTED’ button.
- Another pop-up will follow; you should then enter your business details.
- Now correctly provide your tax details and email address if you want to get paid on Facebook. Ensure you enter the correct details, then click the FINISH button.
- After the above step, proceed to SETUP PAYMENT button. This process will require you to enter your tax details, accurate business name, employer identification number, and your legal name. Note that this is not editable afterward, so be careful.
- Finally, connect your bank account to your Facebook store to start receiving payments. You need to provide your bank routing, account number, and account name to proceed.
- Also, ensure you specify your shipping options and your return policy and customer service email on the SET YOUR PREFERENCES step, and then click FINISH to conclude the process.
- Add products on your store by clicking the ADD button, adding products can be done manually by selecting photos of items and adding them to your store, or you can use e-commerce/inventory.
- It is free to add listings of products on Facebook so you can find important info for your customers.
- Facebook ads are available for you to market your products on Facebook and other audience networks. This way, you can start promoting your products and generating more sales.
Facebook has various channels for selling various items, and it is now considered one of the largest e-marketing platforms.
Yes, Facebook is now much more than a platform for catching up with friends, and viewing posts, you can now use it to expand your business and sell those items with ease.
We have given you insights on how to sell on various channels on Facebook Selling Sites; now you can do much more than chatting on your Facebook.