Google Translator App is an Android app which was developed by Google and launched on April 28, 2006, as a statistical machine translation and November 15, 2016, as a neural machine translation. The chief architect being Franz Josef Och.
In 2010, the google translate app which is available for Android devices was released while the one for iOS on February 8, 2011. It provides free multilingual machine translation services for text translation.
It supports over 100 languages and allows a wide range of input methods including an in-camera translation of text in 38 languages.
There’s also the translation option of typing the needed texts in a box which translates in 103 languages. It also supports for finger writing input for 93 languages instead of standard keyboard input.
Google Translate has several functions which include;
- Written words translation
- Website translation
- Document translation
- Speech translation
- Mobile App translation
- Image translation
- Handwritten translation.
It provides features like pronunciation, dictionary and listens to translation. Thanks to the two-way automatic speech translation that works for 32 languages, the app can be used for conversations and can be used without internet connectivity, offering translation capability on the go.
How to Use the Google Translate App
Using the Google Translator app is a no-brainer, just follow the steps below.
- STEP 1: To launch the app, click the icon that appears like a blue and white folded piece of paper with the letter “G” inscribed on the left side.
- STEP 2: Select a base language by tapping on the language in the upper left corner, and then click a language in the drop-down list to set the base language.
- And finally, STEP 3: Select a language to translate to. To do this, tap on the language in the upper right corner, and then select the language from the list. After which, the text is then translated into the desired language.
Note that you can swap the language box by clicking on the icon in the middle. After setting up everything, you can start translating with text.
How to Download Google Translator App
To get the Google Translator app on your device is easy simply follow the steps in the outline below;
- Step 1: You must first download the Google Translator app. To begin, download the Google Translator app for Android. It is available on the Google Play Store
- Step 2: Set up Google Translate. You’ll be asked to select your primary language and your most frequently translated language when you open Google Translate for the first time. Choose this, and you’re good to go.