Amazon Account History – Amazon website is designed in such a way that users can explore the site with ease and perform any function they want easily. It has important features that help you navigate from one option to another and do whatever you like on the platform.
Amazon Browsing history is one feature on the platform that helps you access the data of your past orders.
This means that Amazon tracks your shopping and keeps a record of orders you make on the platform, which means you can easily check out past orders in case you need them for some reasons. Amazon keeps track of your entire account’s purchasing and history through Amazon’s highly-refined artificial intelligence system.
These records can come in handy when you need purchasing details for making reorders or for tracking down receipts.
This tracking Amazon Account
This can be quite disturbing when it gets to the wrong hands; this is why some users try as much as possible to disable this feature.
How to Find Amazon Account History
Browsing Amazon Account History can come in handy when you need to access product details for a reorder or when you want to track down receipts.
Like we said earlier amazon website is designed in such a way that you can easily access any option you want on the platform.
To find your browsing history on Amazon:
- Simply visit Amazon homepage,
- Then log into your account, then click the BROWSING HISTORY link at the top of the main page to see items you have recently viewed on the website.
- Or you can choose to click BROWSING HISTORY at the bottom of the page which will prompt you to show you a list of items you have recently viewed on the website.
- Then you can get to see the details of your past orders and use them for making new orders.
How to Delete Amazon Browsing History
It’s quite nice when you can easily view your past orders, but sometimes it can become quite creepy. Your browsing history tells a lot about your taste and a bit about you; when this gets to the wrong hands, it can be bad.
Your browsing history can even ruin birthday surprises or other events you have planned and choose to keep a secret.
Once others have access to this browsing history, a lot about you will be in the open. Now, how do you go about deleting your history or how do you stop Amazon from keeping records of your purchases?
- Go to your BROWSING HISTORY from your account, then click on MANAGE HISTORY.
- From here, you can click the ENABLE OR DISABLE button to disable or enable your Amazon browsing history.
- You can clear the list by clicking the REMOVE ALL ITEMS button on the page.
- If you do not wish to remove all browsing history, but want to remove browsing details for specific products, click the REMOVE button under each product you want to erase.
- When you are a prime member, you can also keep browsing history private by creating a HOUSEHOLD ACCOUNT. Your browsing history will be kept private and out of reach for teens and kids.
- Another way you can delete your browsing history is by archiving them, archiving them does not delete your past orders entirely by makes them invisible on your default order page.
- To archive an order, simply log into your Amazon account and click ORDERS which is located at the right side of the menu.
- Once you open this option, navigate to items you want to archive and click ARCHIVE ORDERS located at the right side of the item.
- Once you click Archive, a popup screen will appear asking you to confirm that you want to archive order. You can archive up to 100 items, just simply find the items and click the Archive button.
Creating Amazon Account
Before you can start performing any function on Amazon such as buying, selling, creating wish lists, viewing browsing history, and more, you need to create an Amazon account.
STEPS FOR CREATING AMAZON ACCOUNT
- Go to Amazon website, then click on YOUR ACCOUNT at the right corner of the page. Click on the option, then select START HERE from the drop-down menu that appears. From the Start Here option, you can then choose to SIGN UP to start the process of creating an account.
- When you click on the Sign Up option, you will be redirected to a page where you will be asked to enter personal info. Then you need to add your email address and your name to start your registration. Also, add your number, create a password before clicking CREATE AN ACCOUNT.
- When you click to create your account, you will be redirected to Amazon welcome page, and you officially have an Amazon account.
- To personalize your account, you will need to edit your payment options. To do this, click on YOUR ACCOUNT at the top right corner of the page. Select ADD A CREDIT CARD under the PAYMENTS METHOD. Then you can choose whichever credit card you want to link to your Amazon account. To confirm that your credit card has been added to your account, you can go to MANAGE YOUR PAYMENTS METHODS option.
- You need to also add your shipping address details through YOUR ACCOUNTS option. Go to ACCOUNT SETTINGS option, click on ADD NEW ADDRESS. Once you do so, you can enter your password, add your shipping details before clicking SAVE AND CONTINUE.
- You can also add set up your profile by adding important details like your location, website, name, birthday, and other info. Once you are done check the I HAVE READ TERMS AND CONDITIONS box, then click CONTINUE. You will need to add other additional personal info before you click FINISH.
- You can also choose to connect your Amazon account to your social media accounts to share info from your Amazon account on such platforms.
- Finally, you can also create a wishlist containing items you wish to purchase later. To create a wish list just click on WISH LISTS on YOUR ACCOUNT, then click on the yellow CREATE YOUR WISHLIST button.
Once your account is created you can do a whole lot on Amazon, you buy, sell, and create wish lists, view transaction history and more.
If you are not quite okay with Amazon keeping track of your past orders, you can disable this function.
However, this can come in handy when you wish to make a reorder or track down receipts. Amazon is an amazing place to shop online, and it has amazing features to enable you to enjoy shopping on the platform.