Facebook notification makes it possible for you to get to know about important happenings on your Facebook account even without opening the app on your device. You get updates on who tagged you, who liked your comments or posts, who commented on your post, you get also know your friends who have birthdays and a lot more. Your Facebook notification settings ensure that you do not miss anything even while away from the app; you can get useful updates and decide to check it out. But not everyone loves being reminded about every activity taking place on their Facebook; it may be considered a nuisance to some people; this is why you have your settings to change to whatever you want.
Facebook settings enable you to set your Facebook in such a way that you enjoy a personalized service, with the functions working the way you want them to. You can choose to set up your Facebook notifications to pop up on your screen; you can choose turn on notification sound, you can choose specific notification types you want to get, it is absolutely in your hands. And we are right here to walk you through changing your notification settings to suit your choice.
How to Turn on Notifications on Mobile
With your Facebook notification on you can get important updates about activities going on your Facebook account without opening the app on your device. Since Facebook helps you keep in touch with friends and families; sometimes you need notifications on to know their latest updates, their birthdays and more. For those who have pages or groups they run on their Facebook, you can keep in touch with everything happening on your page and know its level of activeness.
You can choose which notifications you want to attend to by simply clicking on it from your screen, and Facebook notifications can prompt you to attend to important activities happening on your account. Not getting notification means missing out on a whole lot happening on your Facebook until of course, you open the app. If you wish to turn on notifications follow these steps:
- Open your Facebook app, then click on the three horizontal line icon on the top of the page
- This will take you to your menu bar, scroll down the page and click on SETTINGS
- On the setting and privacy, a drop-down menu will appear when you click on it
- Then tap on NOTIFICATION SETTINGS
- Then you can choose to turn on individual notification by hitting the toggle buttons next to each of them, or you can turn on all notifications by turning the toggle button off under the MUTE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
- You are done! You can now get important notifications from Facebook and keep in touch with friends and family members at all times.
How to Turn on Notifications on Computer
- Go to your Facebook settings by clicking the downward arrow on your Facebook page
- On the menu bar, scroll down and click on SETTINGS
- Click on NOTIFICATION SETTINGS in the sidebar on the left
- On the notification settings’ page, you can now choose the type of notification you wish to get by clicking TURN ON button next to the notification type you want. Or you can turn on all notifications by clicking TURN ON next to chrome.
How to Turn Off Facebook Notification on Mobile
Sometimes these notifications become rather annoying, popping up your screen when you least expect it, making it your privacy visible to people sitting close to you. Well, if you wish to get rid of these notifications, you just need to follow these steps:
- Open your Facebook app on your device
- Click the MENU icon, and then scroll down to find SETTINGS
- Click on SETTINGS & PRIVACY, a drop-down menu will appear, then select NOTIFICATION SETTINGS
- You can choose the type notifications you wish to get, notifications on either tag, comments, friend requests, reminders, and others, or you can choose to mute all notifications by turning the toggle button on under MUTE PUSH NOTIFICATIONS
- To turn off notification for each type of notification, just hit the toggle button next to it to turn it off.
How to Turn Off Notifications on Computer
The Facebook notification can be a serious distraction to you especially when you are working on something serious and need all your concentration. It can be rather annoying getting notifications about friend requests or friends’ birthday when you are trying so hard to get your work done or when you just want to be away from Facebook for the meantime. Well, you can change your Facebook settings to suit you, and we will walk you through the process. To turn off notification:
- Go to your Facebook settings
- Click the downward arrow to go to your menu bar
- Scroll down the menu page to find SETTINGS, click on it
- On the settings page, click on NOTIFICATIONS at the left side of the page
- Then choose the device you would like to change notification, click on DESKTOP AND MOBILE to enable you change notifications on your device.
- You can now choose to turn off notification types individual or to mute all notifications. Choose TURN OFF on top of mute notifications, to turn off all notifications. For individual notifications you can click TURN OFF next to each of them.