Facebook Selling Groups – Selling on Facebook has become a rather active and important part of Facebook.
Lots of individuals have realized how powerful Facebook is as a platform for marketing and selling products online, and everyone is eager to know how to go about selling their products on Facebook.
Facebook has lots of avenues through which users can buy and sell, and Facebook groups are one of these avenues.
Facebook groups are multiplying; this is because individuals have discovered how effective it is to the growth of their businesses. You can join or create any selling group on Facebook, start marketing your products and stand a chance of reaching your target audience. Let’s walk you through the process of creating or joining selling groups on Facebook.
How to Create Facebook Selling Groups
Creating your own selling group is similar to creating any Facebook group. However, you have to specify its name and objective evidently in its name.
- Go to your menu bar on your Facebook screen, scroll to the group section and click GROUPS
- Click CREATE GROUP link
- A new page will open, add your group details there
- Give your selling group a name on the NAME YOUR GROUP option
- Click the ADD SOME PEOPLE option on the page, start by adding your friends on Facebook, Facebook requires this.
- Choose if you want your group to be an open or closed one from your privacy options.
- Then click CREATE
- Choose a cover photo for easy identification of your group. The cover photo differs from that of your personal account or business page, so you have to choose the appropriate size.
- On the about section, add important details of your group for prospective members.
- The next step for you would be to “Edit group settings” (choose to change the group name, description, group type, linked pages, etc.).
- You can decide to make many valuable edits to your page like setting up group address, adding email, and changing posting permissions, etc.
- Once you are done editing some important details for your new group, click SAVE.
- Finally; you can then proceed to promote your products on the group and start connecting with buyers.
How to Join Facebook Buy and Sell Groups
If you do not want to create your own Facebook group, there are numerous Facebook selling groups you can join and start marketing and selling your products. To join such groups, follow these steps:
- Search for selling groups on the Facebook search bar, using specific keywords. This makes it easier to track buy and sell groups in your location or selling groups relating to your business.
- From the list of search results that appear, choose the specific one you wish to join.
- Then to proceed, simply click “JOIN GROUP” option, wait for an admin’s approval, and you’re good to go.
- If you want to know about a group before you join, you can check out the about section to see member’s profiles and know the kind of group it is.
How to Sell On Selling Groups
After creating or joining a selling group, the next thing is to start selling on the platform. To sell on the platform, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the “sell something box” by clicking the publisher button under the group cover photo.
- When you click on it, the sell something box opens.
- Give a brief description of your products via the “WHAT ARE YOU SELLING” option.
- Then, add the price, location, description and clear photos of items you are selling as prompted by Facebook.
- You can then choose to post listings on the marketplace, and other buy and sell groups you belong to.
- To post your listings, click the BLUE POST button afterward, Facebook will notify you of any activities on your products.
Facebook selling groups are quite excellent ways of selling your items on Facebook. Lots of business owners are benefiting from these groups, and you can too.
You can either create your own selling groups, or you can join already created selling groups.
Whichever one you want, you can start selling your items as soon as you join the groups or create one and start gaining customers & generating sales.