LinkedIn is a social networking platform for professionals, business connections are created on the platform, and lots of people can find job opportunities right on the platform. In this article, we’ll teach you the easy way to LinkedIn Sign up.
LinkedIn is considered the top online directory for professionals and companies, recruiters and companies use this platform to recruit new people, and individuals can use this platform to build their career and stay connected with the business world.
Furthermore, to have an online presence on this platform, you need to create a unique account which other professionals can use to communicate with you.
LinkedIn accounts are created by users on the platform to enable them to connect and communicate with others on the platform. There are lots of job opportunities for job seekers; to get these opportunities, you need to have an online presence on this platform.
However, to have business connections, find individuals with a similar business interest and interact with other companies or business owners across the world, you can create a LinkedIn account and polish your profile to be attractive to the business world.
How to Sign up to LinkedIn
Both companies and individuals use LinkedIn for recruiting, career building, connecting with other professionals, and searching jobs.
Before you can become a member of this platform, you will need to sign up by creating a LinkedIn account. Follow these steps to do so:
- Go to the LinkedIn official homepage
- You will be required to enter your personal information on the right text box. Enter your First Name, Last Name, Preferred Email, a valid email that LinkedIn can use to contact you and your Preferred password then click JOIN NOW
- You will then be taken to a new page, and you will have to enter other important info.
- Enter your Country, then enter your Zip code and then click NEXT
- Now indicate if you are a student or not
- Then enter your Job title and The Company you work at then click NEXT.
After signing into LinkedIn, you will need to personalize your account by creating your own profile.
How to Create a LinkedIn Profile
Once you Sign up to LinkedIn, you can then create a LinkedIn profile.
- Add important information on your LinkedIn profile such as skills, Education, past and present employment. You can add this as a summary at the top of your profile and make your profile attractive for recruiters and professionals to want to check it out and connect with you.
- Add a LinkedIn headline to your profile just below your name; this is what other users can see when they are searching the database for professionals to connect with. Write a strong headline that talks about you as a professional, just make it eye-catching and interesting to other professionals on the platform.
- Add a professional photo, most likely a headshot of you looking professional. When other users are searching the database for new connections, your profile picture serves as your identification, and this is what they see first. So, you need to add a good professional photo that can attract other users’ interest.
- Add a cover photo, this is optional, but if you choose to add a cover photo, choose a cover photo that is related to your profession.
- Try to make your profile unique and attractive, don’t pile it up with your past jobs or present one. You can make it unique and interesting by adding a professional video, or a link to an article you have written or speech you gave — click ACCOMPLISHMENTS option to add details of the project you have done or other accomplishments to your page.
- Look for professional profiles and influencers to connect with, or you can add your contacts to your LinkedIn account. You can also use the search icon to find people, companies that interest you then you can connect and send them messages.
How to Log Into Your LinkedIn Account
Once you have an account, you can easily log into your account to access your profile, send messages to your contacts, search for jobs, people, posts and perform other functions on your LinkedIn account.
Follow these steps to log into your account:
- Go to the LinkedIn homepage through any browser of your choice, or you can log in through the LinkedIn app.
- Enter your email address, your password, then click the SIGN IN the option, this will enable you to gain access to your account.
- You will be taken to your LinkedIn homepage; then you can click on any icon of your choice to perform any function you want.
- You can click the ME tab to access your profile, make new posts, and edit them as well.
- You can click the Notification icon to find who commented on your post, mentioned you in a comment or liked your post. And you can click on any icon you want to access any option you want.
- Finally, log into your LinkedIn account frequently to build your account and to build your business connections on the platform.
How to Download LinkedIn App on Android
Once you have created an account, you can download the LinkedIn app to enjoy the platform even more and make easy connections.
For Android devices, follow these steps to download the app:
- Tap to open your Google play store on your Android device
- Click the Search Icon on Google play store and type in LinkedIn
- Click the LinkedIn icon on the list of search results.
- Finally, click on INSTALL and ACCEPT to install the app on your device.
- Then you can log into your account
How to Download LinkedIn App on IOS
Just follow these steps to download the app for your IOS device:
- Go to App store on your device download this app
- Click the SEARCH icon the Appstore
- Simply type LinkedIn on the search bar
- Then, tap the GET and INSTALL option to download the app to your device
- Once the app is installed, you can log into your account.
LinkedIn is a professional networking platform that allows individuals and companies to connect with other professionals, build their career, discuss business ideas, and keep in touch with other business personnel across the globe.
Once you create an account, you can easily connect with other professionals and share business ideas with them. If you are a job seeker, LinkedIn provides lots of job opportunities; companies post job adverts on the platform and through your profile, which acts as your resume employers may want to recruit you. Finally, you just have to Sign up to LinkedIn, create an attractive profile and keep it professional if you want to connect with other professionals on the platform with ease.